Reports To: Engineering Manager
This Dot is looking for an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join the team. You’ll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features. Our mentors and team members are contributors to some of the top open-source frameworks and libraries such as React, Ember, Angular, Polymer, RxJS, VueJS, Preact, React Native, NativeScript, Ionic, and TypeScript. Our expert architects have worked at some of the top companies like Google and Netflix. We have extensive experience building brands and marketing in the open source landscape and have well developed relationships within the development industry. Our team frequently speaks at conferences and hosts training workshops on building applications for the web platform. You’ll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
- Proven track record of delivering lightweight, performant applications with little guidance.
- Proficient computer science fundamentals.
- Independent and efficient time management.
- Exceptional communication skills, open to giving and receiving honest feedback.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in RxJS, Node.js, Redux, React Native, and other UI libraries like Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.
- Passion for learning new technologies, with a strong mindfulness of the pitfalls of early adoption.
- Previous experience working remotely.
- Build and maintain quality applications for clients using the appropriate technologies.
- Strive for performant and maintainable code.
- Collaborate closely with clients and co-workers in different timezones, maintaining communication and clear expectations.
- Pair with other developers on both our team and our clients’ teams remotely using video technologies like Slack Calls and Google Meet.
- Represent This Dot in community events like podcasts, meetups, etc.
- Make open source contributions and lobbying as needed for our clients.
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Working with a stellar team focused on advancing the web forward
- 100% remote (work from home)
- Join a team of like minded professionals
- Opportunities for collaboration with other members of the This Dot team
- Camaraderie and all around support with our Team Slack
- Learning and development opportunities in different industries
- A positive and thriving company culture that understands work/life balance
- An opportunity to grow with a leader in the remote work space
- Company newsletters, team shares, quizzes, prizes and celebrations
- Fun company swag!
Available in certain locations:
- Paid time off
- Company holidays
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance plans available