This Dot is looking for an experienced and talented Software Engineer Manager to join the team. The Software Engineer Manager will manage the engineers responsible for, as well as work towards directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features. This position will facilitate the collaboration of his/her employees to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. Our team frequently speaks at conferences and hosts training workshops on building applications for the web platform.
- Proven track record of managing professional employees.
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficient computer science fundamentals.
- Independent and efficient time management.
- Exceptional communication skills, open to giving and receiving honest feedback.
- This is a remote position, must be able to perform work independently with little supervision and be able to physically perform all work on a computer.
- Occasional travel for This Dot events required.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in RxJS, Node.js, Redux, React Native, and other UI libraries like Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.
- Passion for learning new technologies, with a strong mindfulness of the pitfalls of early adoption.
- Conference speaking experience or desire.
- Previous experience working remotely.
- Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of the group of software engineers.
- Assist in hiring, reviewing and terminating non-management employees.
- Act as a resource for software developers on policies, procedures,technical issues and conflict resolution.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities associated with the following: Identify project requirements directly with clients, providing guidance and timeline estimates, Daily task management to meet project milestone, Proactively identify risks and provide risk mitigation plan, Build and maintain quality applications for clients, using the appropriate technologies, & Strive for performant and maintainable code.
- Assist his/her employees as needed to collaborate closely with clients and co-workers in different timezones, maintaining communication and clear expectations.
- Mentor, teach, and pair with other developers both internally and our clients remotely using video technologies such as Slack Calls and Google Hangouts.
- Represent This Dot in community events such as podcasts, meetups, etc.
- Make open source contributions and lobbying as needed for our clients.
This Dot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Working with a stellar team focused on advancing the web forward
- Paid time off
- Company holidays
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance plans available